Grinding machine for the grinding of steel and iron samples of different dimensions for the purpose of spectroscopic analysis.
The sample is inserted into the clamping facility with the door open. The door is closed and the desired grinding program selected on the operator terminal. The automatic process is started by a pushbutton.
- Clamping of the sample (with hydropneumatic and electromagnetic clamping facility)
- Measurement of the sample height by means of a scanning facility
- Initiation of the oscillating action of the swivel rest
- Fast servo motor infeed of the cup grinding wheel until contact is made with the sample
- Grinding process continued until the preselected grinding depth is reached
- Measurement of cup wheel wear
- Initial position of the swivel support
- Sample unchucked
- Dimensions L x W x H: 950 x 700 x 1700 mm
- Weight: 750 kg