The HS-CF is the ideal machine for the fully automatic processing of cylindrical and conical steel and iron samples. The machine has been designed to prepare samples for OES and CNS analysis.
The HS-CF can be either operated in the laboratory or production site. A wide variety of sample shapes can be processed including round and angular samples as well as samples with and without mounting pin. Moreover, it is possible to process other sample shapes by arrangement. The only prerequisite here is that the sample must have two parallel lateral surfaces. These are required in order to fix it firmly in the clamping device.
The HS-CF can handle all types of cast steel with different ranges of hardness. The individual work processes are executed completely automatic according to the program selected:
- Pre-selection of the milling head to suit the quality of the sample
- Single and multiple milling of samples with infinitely adjustable feed rate, in-feed and rotational speed
- Cooling of samples
- Cutting of samples with one or two separating cuts: One possibility is to cut off a sample for the OES. The other possibility involves the extraction of a slice of varying thickness between 4 to6 mm. At a later stage, it is possible to punch samples (e.g. with the HUST) from this slice for the CNS analysis.
- Dimensions machine L x W x H: 2500 x 1200 x 1835 mm
- Milling depth: 2 mm, infinitely adjustable